Sunday

Using Sections: Time Management

I use my journal for everything-- and I want everything in one place so I don't have to drag around a sketchbook, daytimer, journal, poetry journal, general notebook, lists, art journal etc. All of my journals have separate signatures[sections] of folded paper so I use each section for a specific area. Once I fill that section, I archive it, and refill the section with new paper. My personal favourite journal size is 9x7 because I can use legal size 81/2x14 paper in it. I make up alot of my templates on the computer to work in my journal. I love Excel and make most of my templates using spreadsheets. Over the next while I will try to post pics of some of my templates.
This is a pic of my Week at a Glance template:

It has 8 columns-- one for each day of the week and one for general notes I need to remind myself of for that week. I mostly use my week at a glance for appointment/ committments and to block out time to fit in studio time/ shipping/ computer time and the other things I need to do to try and maintain a balanced life. So my week at glance is more about creating structure for my week. I use post-it notes for my day to day list-- so if I don't get something done one day, I can just move it forward to the next day easily.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, Elis, I can't let my husband see this post of yours! He has been trying for 25 years to get me to be this organized! It seems as though I just can't make it happen. A few years back, a dear friend suggested I stop using a wallet and use a daytimer as a wallet...at least that got me somewhat organized as far as using a daytimer, anyway! I also think I do not need to have detailed information to keep my days in order...at least it seems as though others have different ideas for me. :)

    I love this idea of keeping everything in one place, though. Okay, so you have me thinking as always, Elis!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete